Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter to you !!!!
Well, my daughter and I went for a whirlwind trip to Ft. Myers Beach this weekend. We had family down here to celebrate spring break so there were several nieces and nephews and my sister Betty. She is our oldest sister and haven't seen her in several years as they all reside in Buffalo and have not travelled here in a few years so, am glad they are here again... we had a wonderful time together visiting,Laughing and eating... Gretchen made Easter brunch with ham and eggs and potatoes with cantalope and almond ring with coffee... it was SO delicious and gave me the idea that in the future, no sit down dinners but brunch which leaves us plenty of time for the pool !!!! Leftovers will be saved for later in the day... Sally brought our Buffalo foods and the almond ring is always a hit.. several cans of Tim Horton's coffee was well received and other items such as Grandma Brown baked beans and some Weber's mustard and Texas hot dog sauce which I have to say, I have never had!!!!!!!!!!! But will!!!!!!!!
We walked the beach at Ft. Myers and found shells and a sunburn and took lots of photos and laughed for the whole time.. it was wonderful to see them and talk to them and laugh with them... most especially my sister Betty who told me that back in the day, mom and dad would take her to Goody Cake Shop in Buffalo NY and let her have coffee, half coffee and half cream. I'm glad to still have my family whenever I want them... I ordered a Wilton Easter Egg pan that did not get here in time for Easter but, when it does arrive will make a cake anyway as Eggs and spring go well together! I'll post the photo of it and let you know how it turns out... Happy Easter to you all!

1 comment:

SweetScarlett said...

Oh Deb, I am so envious f you being able to see Bette and all the rest f the fam, too.
I miss you all so much!
It sounds like you had a great time together and what weather!
We had our first really spring-like day today. Mild temps and sunny skies for part of the day at least.
It smelled like spring!
Chat with you soon!
xxx
Maggie