Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools Day! How fast time goes by! We are into the fourth month of the year and I have no idea what happened! Work mostly, a few concerts with my daughter and thinking of the cake shop. I am still in the process of making up a list of yummy and delcious things for ordering and also the price list. I want to bake some things and take some photos for viewing too. The only thing in that department I made were some cupcakes for my daughter to take to work for a retirement luncheon and some chocolate chip cookies. There is organizing all the baking equipment and the decorating things.. buying new and different cake pans and cupcake pans.. I found some neat stencils too and want to experiment with them. Michaels had a pretty good selection of Wilton things that came out in the last few months... I like to watch the cake shows such as Ace of cakes and am always sitting on edge, like a scared airplane flyer, with white knuckles and all, when they start to move the cakes from the tables into a car and then actually drive with it to the location and destination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That one cake show with the women in an apt. in NYC is crazy! They actually carry those cakes down several flights of stairs and hail a cab on top of it!!!!!!!!!! Well, so, a friend from work gave me a nice gift yesterday. A set of Martha Stewart cake pans in the shape of STARS!!!!!!!!!!! Three of them and there is a card with them of how to stack them, how much batter for each one and a photo of them all stacked and decorated.. so nice! I'll get a photo and put it up... I have several orders coming up and so need to get to things this weekend! Photos will come soon. Unfortuantely for us here in Florida, it's getting hot. Summertime is just about here and buttercream has to stay in the AC and while I'm not a huge fan of fondant, it's what makes some of the cakes.. and that will slip and slide too.. oh anguish! I guess that means, bake a cake, eat a cake and in the meantime, keep the AC COLD!
I'll check back in with the photos this weekend.. go and bake some cupcakes...! I'm also going to be out looking for rhubarb this weekend as nothing says spring like a yummy rhubarb pie like mom used to make! So delicious!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Dagostino said...

How wonderful! You sound very busy and excited about your cakes!! I can't wait to visit - can I place an order for some cupcakes for when I am in Florida in 4 weeks? :)

SweetScarlett said...

It all sounds tasty to me!
I never got the hang of rhubarb . . . really never understood the way people go on and on about it.
We buy our coal and eggs from a farm in Bromsgrove, not too far from our house. They have an enormous garden filled with it! They ar just beginning to pick it now and will be carrying it in the farm shop.
Wish you were here to have as much as you wanted :>
xxx
Peg