Friday, April 3, 2009

Good morning! My sister Maggie from SweetScarlett wrote about her Easter and springtime at her house yesterday and published some photos too.... ah. So beautiful! This is her usual at any given holiday! She goes all out with tasteful and beloved decorations.. I am envious. She has lovely furniture and paint colours and, well, everything! I on the other hand live where it's hot and things that are taken for granted in the northeast for example, are not the norm here. So, there, and in England with the same weather, they do have all that spring offers... flowers starting to show their little heads with what's to come and, pussywillows! We have lovely weather for the most part but miss out on how the weather changes at this time of year and all that is new is coming about. Seems almost stagnant here yearly.. same, same.... something I really miss about living north. People are so busy living in the nice weather they forget about what time of year it is , not much in the way of decorations for spring and Easter and not much out there to decorate with! Home Goods carries a small amount of reproduction bunnies and chicks but forget about the flowers and there is no such thing as pussy willows here!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually, as it gets closer to Easter, the spring flowers arrive in the grocery stores and after you take them home, they will smile at you for a day or two and then give up from the heat...you just can't import spring to the heat of Florida... and so, I would love to visit my sister at her home in England where Easter and spring are at the height of fashion at Maggie's! I miss her and I miss spring... Enjoy it!!!!!!!

2 comments:

SweetScarlett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SweetScarlett said...

You are such a good sister.
I miss you, too, and would love a visit from you.
If the Millionaire and or Mr. Lottery show us a good time, we will get you on a flight!
But don't be too envious of our weather - it brings with it cold, damp, and a lot of rain and gray days.
These days I wish I could import a bit of your sun and warmth to England!
Thank you for your kind words about my decorating - I try but I miss all my familiar haunts at home.
How I would love to visit Home Goods!!!
xxx
Maggie